- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Linkevičius congratulates Bosnia and Herzegovina on Independence Day
On 1 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius extended his most sincere congratulations to Bosnia and Herzegovina on the occasion of the celebration of the Independence Day.
In his congratulations letter to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Igor Crnadak, the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy expressed his support for the Euro-Atlantic integration of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the country’s efforts to create a democratic, multi-ethnic, and prosperous European state.
“Over the last recent years, Bosnia and Herzegovina has achieved significant progress on its path towards EU accession. It is my firm believe that Bosnia and Herzegovina will continue to implement comprehensive reforms and contribute to regional cooperation in order to respond to the aspirations by the citizens and make this historic opportunity a reality,” said Linkevičius.
On 15 February 2016, Bosnia and Herzegovina formally applied for membership of the EU. The European Commission is now writing a recommendation as regards granting candidate country status to Bosnia and Herzegovina.