- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
- 2019-02-26 On 26 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with Sixtine Bouygues, Deputy Director-General for Communication of the European Commission
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-02-28 On 28 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with the Irish Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEnfee
Lithuania is elected as member of the UNICEF Executive Board
Lithuania, along with Australia, Bangladesh, Benin, Burundi, Djibouti, Cameroon, Canada, Luxembourg, Morocco, Mexico, Mongolia, Pakistan and France, has been elected as member of the Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) for the 2019-2021 term.
The Executive Board is the governing body of UNICEF, which is made up of 36 member states, elected to three-year terms by the Economic and Social Council. On 16 April, 14 new member states were elected to the Executive Board.
Lithuania has actively contributed to UNICEF’s humanitarian action. The country contributed EUR 284,000 to support UNICEF’s life-saving work in 2014-2018. In addition, Lithuania has given significant attention to the international community’s efforts to fight child abuse, including in cyberspace, in recent years.